Japan Visa Page

Work permit, residency, application requirements

Spouse / Child of Permanent Resident

Spouse / Child of Permanent Resident Visa

The “spouse / child of permanent resident” visa is a type of visa granted to the spouses and children (meeting certain conditions) of permanent residents.

This visa is a very strong visa, generally stronger than all of the visas based on activities (work visa etc.). Holders of this visa are permitted to engage in all types of work, with no restrictions on work type or working hours (or may choose not to work if being supported or if there are other means of supporting his/her living). Under this visa, it is possible to apply for permanent residency earlier than work visa holders.

However, when this visa is obtained based on a marital relationship, holders will have trouble maintaining this visa if the marriage has become unstable. In such cases, it may be necessary to consider other visa options.

Visa consulting, visa structuring and application services

Contact us for free initial consulting or to inquire about visa options and services. Whether you are an individual with new career plans or questions/concerns regarding your visa status, or a corporation seeking a smooth and efficient solution to facilitate your hiring process or in search of an accredited agency to submit visa applications on behalf of your employees, contact us to discuss your needs. Personalized visa solutions and services by an accredited Immigration agency available in both native English and Japanese.

update: 2015-02-26

This website has been prepared by June Advisors Group The material on this website is intended for general informational purposes only, not for specific legal advice. Please note that we will not be responsible in any way for any damages or losses arising in connection with the use of any information on our websites or our free initial e-mail consulting.