Japan Visa Page

Work permit, residency, application requirements

Spouse / Child of Work Visa Holder

Spouse / Child of Work Visa Holder – The Dependent Visa

The “dependent visa” is the visa category which will apply to spouses and children of work visa holders (excluding spouses who work full-time in Japan, in which case the respective work visa category should be considered). When referring to visas for the spouses of work visa holders, the term “spouse visa” is often mistakenly used, but the Immigration law specifies different visa categories depending on the nationality of the applicant’s spouse – when the applicant is married to a Japanese national the “spouse of Japanese national visa (Spouse Visa)” applies, and when the applicant is married to a non-Japanese national the “dependent” visa applies (subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions). Although both visas are based on marriage, the two visas are very different.

Please see our “dependent visa” page for more details on the dependent visa.

Visa consulting, visa structuring and application services

Contact us for free initial consulting or to inquire about visa options and services. Whether you are an individual with new career plans or questions/concerns regarding your visa status, or a corporation seeking a smooth and efficient solution to facilitate your hiring process or in search of an accredited agency to submit visa applications on behalf of your employees, contact us to discuss your needs. Personalized visa solutions and services by an accredited Immigration agency available in both native English and Japanese.

update: 2015-02-26

This website has been prepared by June Advisors Group The material on this website is intended for general informational purposes only, not for specific legal advice. Please note that we will not be responsible in any way for any damages or losses arising in connection with the use of any information on our websites or our free initial e-mail consulting.