Japan Visa Page

Work permit, residency, application requirements

Dependent Family

Dependent Visa

This is not in itself a work visa, but a visa granted to the dependent family members of a work visa holder. This visa is often mistakenly referred to as a “spouse visa”, but is completely different from the visa grated to applicants who are married to Japanese nationals. The dependent visa in itself does not permit its holder to engage in any paid activities. Work is only permitted when a special permit is obtained from the Immigration Office, and  even in such case the work must be part-time work, not to exceed 28 hours per week.

Visa Procedures


Visa consulting, visa structuring and application services

Contact us for free initial consulting or to inquire about visa options and services. Whether you are an individual with new career plans or questions/concerns regarding your visa status, or a corporation seeking a smooth and efficient solution to facilitate your hiring process or in search of an accredited agency to submit visa applications on behalf of your employees, contact us to discuss your needs. Personalized visa solutions and services by an accredited Immigration agency available in both native English and Japanese.

update: 2015-05-05

This website has been prepared by June Advisors Group The material on this website is intended for general informational purposes only, not for specific legal advice. Please note that we will not be responsible in any way for any damages or losses arising in connection with the use of any information on our websites or our free initial e-mail consulting.